Sep 5, 2013

Expect Delays

Recently, I was driving on a highway and I saw a road sign that said; “Construction Ahead: Expect delays”. The sign is trying to communicate that not only is there is construction on the road ahead, but also that I can EXPECT; that I should look forward to; regard as likely to happen; anticipate the occurrence or the coming of some DELAYS.

In other words the construction ahead will be impeding the process or progress of my journey home and the sign was pre-warning me so that didn’t think it to be strange when I come to the delays. Although I wasn’t in any hurry to get home, I wasn’t looking forward to adding to the two and half hour trip.
The lyrics to a song came to my mind;
“He's never early, never late. It takes courage and it takes faith. Trust Him, you'll see He's go all the power you need…” (from “All The Power You Need” By Darlene Zschech)

Over and over as I crawled through the construction zone with the delays (yes, they had accurately predicted it!), the song kept going through my mind; “Trust Him, you'll see He's go all the power you need…”

As I pondered this song, I thought of how often when the Lord is working in our lives there always seem to be delays. But I hadn’t thought of the idea of EXPECTING the delays as part of the “construction” process in our lives.

“He's never early, never late. It takes courage and it takes faith. Trust Him, you'll see He's go all the power you need…”


If we can EXPECT DELAYS in the world of construction, then why should it surprise us when the Lord seems to delay? Why should it concern us or seem strange if the One who is in charge of it all chooses to take HIS time on some area of our lives?

I also thought of 1 Peter 4:12-13 which tells me to … not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice…” (NKJV).


Eugene Peterson translates 1 Peter 4:12-13 this way; Friends, when life gets really difficult, don’t jump to the conclusion that God isn’t on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner.” (MSG)

If in your life when you see that there is “Construction Ahead: Expect delays”, trust Him that He knows what He is doing and He will get the job done (on time and under budget!)

“There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.” (Philippians 1:6 MSG)

 Video: "All The Power You Need" By Darlene Zschech
 

New King James Version (NKJV)  The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

 
"All The Power You Need" By Darlene Zschech
My God can never fail
He's been proved time and again
Trust Him, you'll see
He's got all the power you need

He's never early, never late
It takes courage and it takes faith
Trust Him, you'll see
He's go all the power you need

He saves, forgives and heals
Takes back what the devil steals
My debt's been paid in full
And every day, He does miracles

I got dreams, turn them into plans
Too big for human hands
Trust Him, you'll see
He's got all the power you need

He's real, He's real
Faith's a lot stronger
Than what you feel
He's real, He's real
I'm believing for miracles

Trust Him, you'll see
He's got all the power you need
All the power you need

 

ALL THE POWER YOU NEED – HILLSONG

No comments:

Post a Comment