Apr 26, 2012

“I Will Run To You”

One Saturday, Cathy and I went to help my daughter Rachel move from one city to another. We decided to borrow my daughter Elizabeth’s and her husband Chris’ truck rather than use her car to haul boxes and furniture. Cathy drove separately and went to their house to pick up their truck while I drove directly to Rachel’s apartment to start taking apart her bed.

Cathy told me that when she arrived at their house, my seventeen month old granddaughter Fallon “pushed past Cathy” and called out; “Pa?” (that’s the name she calls me as her grandpa) as she looked to see if I was walking behind Cathy into the house. Elizabeth explained to Fallon that I was at Rachel’s apartment and wasn’t with grandma.

The truck wouldn’t start, so Cathy decided drive her car over to join Rachel and me to load up what we could while Chris tried to figure out what was wrong with their truck that was only a few years old.

It turns out that the truck’s battery was dead and needed to be replaced so Chris went to get a new battery. After he replaced it, he drove the truck to Rachel’s apartment, taking Elizabeth and Fallon with him.

When Elizabeth arrived, she helped Fallon out of her car seat and down to the parking lot. Fallon looked up and saw me and called out; “Pa!” and ran to my awaiting arms. She had found the one she was looking for and was being held in his arms.

Throughout the next hour, whenever Fallon so desired, she would once again call out “Pa!” and run to my awaiting arms that were wide open to receive her.

What a picture to how we should come to God! Running to awaiting arms that are wide open to receive us! Jesus said;
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” (Mark 10:15).

I don’t think that Jesus was talking about our age chronologically. Rather, I believe that He was stating that our approach to our Heavenly Father needed to be “child-like”. (not childish).  We need to call out “Pa!” and run into His arms wide open!

Jesus said;
Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.” (Mathew 18:3-5)

I love the picture of Jesus modeling this as recorded by Mark in his gospel;
 “Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.” (Mark 9:36-37 NKJV)

He is calling out to you today to run to Him; His arms are wide open, waiting to receive you! Come to Him; won’t you?

If you would like to know what the Bible says about how you too can begin a relationship with Jesus Christ, call 1-888-NEED-HIM. Someone is waiting to talk to you right now.


"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

 



No comments:

Post a Comment