Apr 2, 2015

Rend

I have been a Christian, that is, a follower of Jesus Christ (the Messiah) since 1979 and I want to be transparent with you. I will admit that after all these many years; there are still days when I’m not sure that God is really even “there” (wherever there is).
 
I mean, I can’t see Him or feel Him and I wonder if all of this was just a scheme made up by some delusional lost souls looking for some hope. And maybe it was; or was it?
 
Even if and when we have had experiences that have given us some sort of proof that He does indeed exist, they can fade away as we go about our lives.
 
But still, with all of the evidence, the healings, the provision, the miracles that I have seen, there are still some days when the cry of my heart is; as Isaiah cried out;
“Oh, that You would rend the heavens!
That You would come down!
That the mountains might shake at Your presence— (Isaiah 64:1)
 
The word “rend” is a primitive root that means; “to rend, literally or figuratively (revile, paint the eyes, as if enlarging them): - cut out, rend, surely, tear.”
 
I am asking, echoing Isaiah’s cry;
“REND the heavens and come down!” In other words; “I want to see you! To experience your presence! To be with you! So do whatever is necessary to remove whatever is blocking me from seeing You face to face!”
 
Even Moses with ALL that he had seen and experienced cried out;
“Please, show me Your glory.” (Exodus 11:18)
 
The Disciples of Jesus with ALL that they had seen and experienced cried out;
“Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” (John 14:8)
 
And, during one of those days when my heart cry was that God would rend the heaven and come down, I realized that He answered that heart cry. He DID come down! It was in the person of Jesus love came down!
 
In fact, every time in the Bible we read about what Jesus said or did, we can get the manifestation of the God whom we so long to be with. Every time we feel alone or lost or wonder whether or not He exists and is really even “there”, we can read the Bible and once again be with Him.
 
When God rent the heaven and came down in the person of Jesus Christ, He not only walked among us, but He also died on a cross for us and RENT the veil that separated us from God and shook the heavens;
 “And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.” (Matthew 27:50-53)
 
And then arose as further proof that He was really even “there”. 
 
Jesus is faith’s reality that He did indeed rend the heavens and came down:
“Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.” (1 Corinthians 15:1-8)

Happy Resurrection Day!

New King James Version (NKJV) Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment