Oct 9, 2014

Trying to Find True North

The “iPhone” has some great application software or “apps” that make life easier.
 
One of these apps is the compass which has two settings; one for "True North" (used for more accurate navigation) and one for "Magnetic North" (moves slightly, depending on the local strength of the Earth's magnetic field).
 
The only problem in using the app is that you need to calibrate the compass before you can use it. You can’t turn the app on and use it like a “normal” compass that we old folks used to use in the dark ages.
 
When you first turn on the app, the device displays the calibration alert instructing the user to tilt the screen to move the red ball around in a circle, which takes less than one minute, but it still takes time.

In fact, the manufacturer informs me that I may need to periodically recalibrate the compass depending on the level of magnetic interference present. However, they say, if I am using the device in a vehicle, I can disregard the message to calibrate. The device will eventually recalibrate after several turns.
 
Hey Apple, that seems like a lot of work for me to go through for me to find true north! I don’t want to spend time calibrating to use an app!  I simply want to be able to turn on my iPhone and use the compass!
 
I just want to use the compass to find true north; not have to wait until it is recalibrated each and every time that I use the app!
 
And yet if I don’t go through this work, I really won’t find “true north” and even being off a few degrees will send me miles from where I need or hope to be; perhaps never reaching my destination
 
Recently I felt as though my life was drifting further and further away from where I needed or had hoped to be, feeling as though I couldn’t find my true north and I wondered; “Hey is there an app for that?”
 
And, assuming I could find an app for an internal compass, how would I know that it is really pointing me in the right direction?
 
And, if need be, how would I recalibrate an internal compass to know that it is accurate and not slightly off?
 
So where do I go when I feel as though I can’t find true north in my life; is there an app for that?” Yes, I found one and installed it on my iPhone!
 
For me, the way I find true north is by stopping and taking time to use one of the best apps that I have on my iPhone, the Bible. Using it I can allow the Word of God to recalibrate my mind and my heart back towards Him and His purpose for my life.
 
Using it I can read stories from others who also felt as though they couldn’t find true north, and when they cried out and turned to the True North; the Lord, they once again got pointed in the right direction.
 
As the prophet Jonah said; “When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple.” (Jonah 2:7 NKJV)
 
Using it I can hear the Holy Spirit reminding me of who is really in control and reminding me of who I am in Him.
 
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” (John 14:26 NKJV)
 
So what do you do when you can’t find true north? Where do you go; how has that been working for you? Are you tired of trying and still ending up off course because you didn’t take or allow time to calibrate your app?
 
Have you had enough of what this world has to offer for apps and want to find true north? Call 1-888-NEED HIM. Someone is waiting to talk with you to help you find True North. http://needhim.org
 
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment