Jan 17, 2013

When The Thrill is Gone

You know the saying; You don't know what you have until it’s gone"?

It is often stated AFTER people have parted ways because the thrill was (supposedly) gone. This is true for both people and things and we wander with regrets over the loss the rest of our lives.

Well, I want to help you with that today.

Today, take time today to stop and think about just how good you really have it. Think of the people you know. Think about what you DO have.

Today, right now, take time to stop and be grateful that you have a marriage, a job, a house, a vehicle, a refrigerator; no matter how imperfect it or they may be.

As Gordon Mote writes;

“While the world looks upon me, As I struggle along, And they say I have nothing, But they are so wrong, In my heart I'm rejoicing, How I wish they could see, Thank You Lord for Your blessings on me!

There's a roof up above me, and I've a good place to sleep, There's food on my table, and shoes on my feet, You gave me Your Love Lord, And a fine family, Thank You Lord for Your blessings on me!

I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes are not new, and I don't have much money, But Lord I have You! And to me that’s all that matters, though the world may not see, Thank You Lord for Your blessings on me!

Don’t wait until something is lost or missing or gone to express gratefulness. The saying goes on to state; “The truth is you knew what you had; you just never thought you would lose it”

It’s amazing once it is gone how much we miss things and people and places. Over and over again people at funerals exclaim with tears how much regret they have that they didn’t express or show love to the (now deceased) person lying in the casket. 

Over and over again people express that they miss the days of their youth and their vitality. So why not be grateful TODAY for the health and strength that you do have; tomorrow is coming soon and with it are more that (potentially) you will lose.

This world and the things in it are passing away. Don’t let this day pass you by. You do not know what tomorrow will bring.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment