Jun 5, 2014

So•lil•o•quy


1. An utterance or discourse by a person who is talking to himself or herself or is disregardful of or oblivious to any hearers present
2.  The act of talking while or as if alone.
 
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it still make a sound?
 
When we blog or tweet and no one is there to read are we still communicating?
 
Is it possible that just because we can’t hear a voice there maybe someone speaking?
 
Can we disregard it or negate it just because we didn’t hear it?
 
The Bible tells us:
 
The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.’” (Mark 1:3 NKJV)
 
Some churches have banners that say “God is still speaking”. Is He? Are we listening to what He is saying? Really listening?
 
I have held My peace a long time, I have been still and restrained Myself. Now I will cry like a woman in labor, I will pant and gasp at once.” (Isaiah 42:12 NKJV)
 
People; get ready!
 
And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. (Luke 17:26-17 NKJV)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor,
    I know my opinion ages me because I do believe that in this age of Self-Actualizing, people, young people (those who are ten years younger than I) are no longer thinking about the consequences of their actions, only what seems right in their own eyes. Keep speaking out, keep doing the work of the Kingdom of God. You are making a difference, even if no one is listening. God hears, and He will act on your behalf for your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete