Nov 7, 2013

Why do I blog?

I’ve asked myself that question from time to time. I mean, I already use FaceBook for sharing my private life and have another page for the ministry as well as a website; so I really don’t need another outlet. And, practically, I’m not getting paid; so why do I blog?

Is it a narcissistic need to have exposure and communicate every thought and rant that I have? Am I trying to build my legacy so that I will be remembered long after I die? Or, perhaps, there is a different reason…

It started awhile back when I realized that not all of the stories of how the Lord has worked in our lives were written down. My concern was that I would forget the stories and more importantly forget the Lord; the One who has been so faithfully providing and directing our lives. (See Deuteronomy chapter 8)


This past year, Cathy and I were having a conversation with our son Joshua. He and his wife Jen were starting the process of considering purchasing a house. They had been married for a couple of years, graduated from college, and both were working fulltime. As we listened to him as he shared the pros and cons of their thoughts, we shared some testimony as to the Lord’s faithfulness to us over the years; especially the house.

Part way through the conversation Cathy looked at me and had an epiphany; Joshua was not yet born when we purchased our home. We had never told him the story of the house. We also realized we had also not shared the stories of multiple times the Lord had provided items for us over the years.

The stories in my blog took place and are factual. In no way am I trying to embellish them. If details have been omitted or altered it probably has more to do with the length of time that has transpired between the provision and today as I sit and write this blog.

So, my blog is written as a testimony of the Lord’s provision in our lives. I, the author, testify of these things, and wrote these things; and I want you to know that my testimony is true.

It is my sincere hope that it inspires the readers to trust the Lord for all of your resources; to “seek first His kingdom and His righteousness in faith knowing that all these things shall be added to you.” (Matthew 6:33)  And that you too come to believe that “my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment