Apr 25, 2013

looking for the hand that moves the clouds across the sky

I'm not sure of who needs to hear this; "But I've had my share of trouble....But God hasn't failed me yet!" I write this to encourage you who are facing uncertainty; waiting for provision in some area(s). Hear this from a friend who loves you and wants to encourage you.

I want to testify that God has always provided over the years for me; in abundance. I’ve had testing and trials; layoffs and unemployment. Times where I wondered how I was ever going to provide for this household of eight members. But the Lord has ALWAYS been faithful to provide not just for my needs but abundance so that I could give into others needs. He is faithful to calm my restless heart and calm my fears.

Even today I face uncertainty in several areas of my life. But I don’t face them alone! He is faithful even when we are not. His Word is always true. I’ve been here before, I’ll be here again.

Trust God to prove Himself to you!
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. 11 “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the Lord of hosts; 12 “And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts.”  (Malachi 3:10-12)

You Don’t Need to Worry; HE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU!

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”  (Matthew 6:24-34)

Instead, Rejoice!
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” (James 1:2-8)

 As Randy Stonehill puts it:
“When I was a boy I opened my eyes
looking for the hand that moved the clouds across the sky
and in my simple way I believed
the One who turns the world around was reaching down for me

and He's faithful to take me through my darkest hour
faithful I’ve felt his love, I’ve seen His power
and He's faithful even when I’m not
when I haven't got the strength of will to carry on
He says, "lean on me and I’ll be strong" and He's faithful

Through the stormy days of trouble and trials
I’m not afraid to face the thunder and the fire
the endless love of God it stays the same
faith is such a simple thing and simple things don't change”




"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment