Oct 6, 2011

Joy of Joy

I live in Minnesota and our time with warm (or cold) weather isn’t always subject to the dates on the calendar. It isn’t unusual to have warm temperatures and snow in the same month.

Four weeks ago in mid-September, we had the first frost of the season and the plants in our yard and in our garden took a bit of a toll. Temperatures since that time have been getting colder and the amount of hours that the sunlight has appeared has been less and less.

Ah, but this week in October, the daytime temperatures were in the eighties! The trees were starting to peak in brilliant colors! Flowers were blooming; vegetable plants were producing fruit. The sun was shining; it almost looked like it was summer. Except, it wasn’t, it was October.

Today, I went out to my gardens and found that the ever-bearing raspberries that we planted in June had some fresh raspberries that were almost ready for picking (joy of joy, I said to myself).

Our raspberry bushes produced their last berries in August and I have been content to live off of the berries that I froze on a daily basis during the six-week growing season. We did plant some ever-bearing plants so that next year we would be able to get another crop of berries into November. I should note that normally you don’t get berries in the same year that a new plant is planted; so we were looking forward to next year’s growth.

As I wandered through the rest of the yard and our other gardens I noticed the vast amount of rose bushes that were still producing buds and flowers. And it didn’t seem to matter what variety we had growing; all of the buses were producing beautiful flowers. It’s funny to me because we actually spent no time this year caring for our rose bushes and this year we had the best and longest lasting flowers ever!

Behind all of what was growing in my yard today and the warm weather is a God, a wonderful Creator who loves us so very much and wants us to experience His joy; to experience life with Him.  And He comes amidst all that we have and “jumps out” and says; “Hi. Here I AM! Can you see me through all of what I have made for you?”

So today, joy was brought to my heart upon seeing so much growth and life in our gardens and seeing the beautiful colored leaves against the “October-blue” skies. “Joy of joy”; I said again to myself as I thanked God for opening my eyes to see the wonder of His creation in my own yard. He revealed Himself in what He had made as the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

 Psalm 65:9-13  (NKJV)
You visit the earth and water it, You greatly enrich it;
The river of God is full of water; You provide their grain,
For so You have prepared it.
10 You water its ridges abundantly, You settle its furrows;
You make it soft with showers, You bless its growth.

11 You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance.
12 They drop on the pastures of the wilderness, And the little hills rejoice on every side.
13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; The valleys also are covered with grain;
They shout for joy, they also sing.”

Are you ready to get new life? Have you tried to clean up your life with no success? Are you tired of trying to do it your way? Call 1-888-NEED –HIM; someone is waiting to talk with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment