Mar 6, 2010

LIVING A DEAD END LIFE

It’s pretty sad that sometimes we forget or can’t figure out what this life is all about. We get to the end of our day, or month, or year; or (worse) our life without finding any purpose or joy in our existence. We have drunk from anything and anyone still trying to squeeze every drop out; hoping to get some fulfillment. Day after day people are going through the motions of dead end jobs, living out dead end lives, still never finding any life or any hope or joy.  

And what is really sad is sometimes people see the “DEAD END” sign and still keep going down the” road” they are on hoping to end up somewhere else. 

This lifestyle I’ve described can be true for both Christians and non-Christians. We can go to work, or school, or even church, or read our books and magazines and even the Bible hoping to fill the void in our life and still come up empty because we seek fulfillment in everything but in God Himself.   

Jesus said; “You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.” (John 5:39-40) 
It’s pretty sad that we are still wrapped up in what we do, believing at times that nothing really changes. Day after day even Christians can lose focus and feel that their lives have no meaning, no purpose, and no real joy. 

But it isn’t the way God intended it to be. Jesus said; “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10b)  

Jesus also said; "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” (John 15:9-11) 

That’s what’s in store for you if your heart and your mind and your soul are in line with the Heavenly Father. Life has so much more meaning. Jesus has so much more. Jesus has so much purpose for your life.  

Don’t just go through this life without knowing the love of the Father. Please don’t live a dead end life.

If you need to let go of the sin that has weighed you down, if you are looking for purpose in this life; turn to Jesus Christ who died for you. If you believe and put your complete trust in Jesus, He will forgive your sins, and you will go to live with Him forever. You don’t have to worry about hiding anything from Him; He knows it all any way and is waiting with arms opened wide to offer you His forgiveness. All you have to do is ask. 

Father God I confess my sin to you and I repent (turn away) from those things that keep me from you. I turn to you. I repent of making other things more important that You. Forgive me. Thank you Jesus for forgiveness.” 

If you prayed that prayer you can take hope; not because I said it but because the Bible says so. The Bible says: “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES ON HIM WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME." (Romans 10:9-11) 

Need help? Someone is waiting to talk with you.
Call either:  1-888-NEED HIM (1-888-633-3446)
or 1-877-2GRAHAM (1-877-247-2426).

No comments:

Post a Comment