Dec 31, 2015

STOP, It’s Not Working!


Did you hear me? 

I said; “Stop, it’s not working!”

You know it and I know it and yet you are still trying to make it work.

Scheming….Striving…

Once again trying to come up with the perfect New Year’s resolution to alter the course of your life… 

Once again trying to come up with a perfect plan that will (FINALLY) get you from point A to B… 

Stop, it’s not working!

Over thirty years ago I made the only New Year’s resolution that I have EVER been able to keep: I made a resolution to NEVER, EVER make another New Year’s resolution. And, to date, I have kept it.

My secret is that I had to stop and admit that what I was doing wasn’t working.

I love Psalm 46:10 which says: Be still, and know that I am God”

I love how Eugene Peterson translates it;

“Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at Me, your High God, above politics, above everything.”

That, my friend, is my exhortation to you as you sit staring at your computer screen or I-Phone searching for how to change your life. Stop and admit that what you are doing isn’t working.

Stop before this year gets away from you and you find yourself one year from now, once again trying to come up with the perfect New Year’s resolution to alter the course for your life… Once again trying to come up with a perfect plan that will (FINALLY) get you from point A to B…

Simply stop. Let the One who made you and fashioned you in His image and likeness speak to you and love on you and bring you hope that this year can be the best year of your life because today, right now, you stopped and let Him be the Lord of your life. In Jesus’ Name.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment