Sep 11, 2014

Who Is Protecting You?


One of the joys of having friends who live or work in different parts of the world is the gifts that I receive from different parts of the world. One such gift that Cathy and I received from the parents of a Chinese graduate student was a replica of a Chinese terracotta warrior.  

The "Terracotta Warriors and Horses" is a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, who is known as China's First Emperor.  

The Emperor had these sculptures made for his mausoleum or burial tomb as part of his quest for immortality. The elaborate tomb complex took thousands of workers and over 38 years to complete.  

It is my understanding that around 8,000 pottery soldiers, horses, chariots, and even weapons have been unearthed since 1974 when they were first discovered.

The average weight of a warrior is more than 600 pounds and each has distinct facial features and no two faces are exactly alike. Their costumes, hair and stances are made appropriate for each of their ranks.    

Simply put, the sole purpose of the sculptures was to protect the emperor in his afterlife, and to make sure that he had people to rule over.  

Probably sounded like a ‘good idea’ at the time; but little did the Emperor know that 2,500 years later, they would be shipped to a variety of locations around the world. It’s kind of hard for the Emperor to get their protection when they are not all in the same location…So much for that protection idea. 

So who is protecting you? What do you look to or count on to protect you in the afterlife? Have you ‘bet-the-farm’ on something like the terracotta warriors hoping that when you make it to the next life, they will arrive along with you? Are you counting on some sort of re-do (reincarnation) as an attempt to start over in case plan a doesn’t work? 

My guess is that you will probably end up in the same condition as the Emperor; you in one place and your protection in another. I like to suggest another plan for you to consider; the Lord Jesus Christ.  

No, not some statue of Jesus or any of the numerous statues of saints to protect you; but Jesus Christ Himself as your personal protector.    

The Apostle John quoted Jesus in his gospel; While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.” (John 17:12)                                                                                                             Jude wrote; Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen”. (Jude 24-25)

Psalm 28:7 tells us that: The Lord is my strength and my shield…”God personally told Abraham; am your shield…” (Genesis 15:1)
 

Jesus said;

And iI go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I amthere you may be also” (John 14:3)


The Writer of Hebrews wrote;

“For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5b-6)

Psalm 91 is probably one of the best descriptions of His protection for those who choose to come to Him.  

Read it and ask Him to be the One to protect you; in this life and the next.

After all, you want to make sure that the one who is protecting you will actually be where you will be.

 “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord“He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.” (Psalm 91)

Have you had enough of what this world has to offer and want true protection in this life and the next? Call 1-888-NEED HIM. Someone is waiting to talk with you

 

All scriptures are taken from New King James Version (NKJV)

The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment