Aug 29, 2013

Wait Lifting

I have been lifting weights in a gym for MANY years. Lifting weights helps build lean muscle mass, helps melt visceral fat and fat that surrounds the organs, has been shown to stimulate the nervous-system functioning, helps ward off age-related illnesses and helps slow down the effects of aging. And my wife likes how I look!

The thing is I don’t always like to go through the process of what it takes to get results; most days I do, but some days I don’t. Weight lifting requires strength that some days I don’t seem to have. Alternating exercises for different muscle groups can leave my body fatigued the next day that I lift. And, to get the most out of the lift, focus must be maintained on the particular muscle group that I am working.

I have to wait when I lift weights so that I get the full effect. In other words I can't rush through the process of one rep at a time; one set at a time, one muscle group at a time.

I’ve been doing another type of weight lifting lately; I have been “wait” lifting. I have been pursuing employment to supplement our income; while at the same time being open to continuing to be solely donor based. And, for what it is worth, since River of Hope Ministries started back in the nineties we have NEVER been in debt; NEVER have we missed paying a bill; praise the Lord!

I have plenty of work and ministry opportunities to do, that’s not the problem. Simply put, I can’t see how the Lord is going to provide financially for us. Not IF, but how.

Practically, I have filled out a lot of applications, sent in resumes for jobs from drafting, project management, stocking shelves, ministry, and construction over several months with no success. The process has been a bit trying on my emotions and confidence as I continue to do another rep to keep doing what I can do and once again fill out another form.

 
The funny part is that I am sitting writing this in the very house that exactly 28 years ago I couldn’t see how we could ever get. 28 years ago I was unemployed, had no money, no credit rating (due to paying cash for everything so that we had no debt), and had only two weeks to leave our current house and find a new one.

I told my father-in-law at that time that I felt as though God had let us down. He, in response, told me that he couldn’t wait to hear our testimony that we would have in two weeks. And, one week to that day, we had keys in our hands to a three-story house given to us by a realtor who was also wondering the events that had transpired during the past seven days that had made the purchase even possible.

Eighteen years ago we saw the Lord provide miraculously as well when we needed money for the balloon payment. And, twenty eight years later, I can testify that we have never missed a payment for anything to do with the house including payment, utilities, taxes, furniture, multiple appliances, upkeep (including exterior items like roof, windows, painting, gutters, soffit/fascia, landscaping, etc.); as well as all that it takes to provide for six children, two adults, and all who have lived in this house.

NEVER have we missed paying a bill; praise the Lord!  
 
So here I sit, sitting with my face in the strong prevailing winds, doing another rep, as I await His answer and the subsequent testimony of His provision because scripture tells me that my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (See Philippians 4:19) as He provides “seed for supplies seed to the sowing, and bread for food. (See 1 Corinthians 9:10) 
 
As Isaiah 7:9b tells us:
 "If you will not believe, surely you shall not be established." (NKJV)
 “If you don’t take your stand in faith, you won’t have a leg to stand on” (MSG)
 “If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all” (NIV)
 
Stay tuned for His answer as I continue with my “wait” lifting!
 
 To Those Who Wait by Bethany Dillon
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment