Mar 28, 2013

Waiting For The Lamb…

March came in this year like a LION… and then STAYED…like a lion…and would not leave. I don’t mind winter here in Minnesota, but Punxsutawney Phil promised that spring would arrive early. And yet, winter stayed like a lion.

Each Sunday and Monday we were greeted with more snow and more snow. Now, I don’t mind shoveling except for the fact that I separated my right shoulder in a hockey game in January and it made shoveling painful and prolonged healing in my shoulder and ended my hockey for the past two months. And, without playing hockey, it has been hard to see any reason for living in the cold climate.
 
We had so much snow that it eventually got to the point where there was nowhere to throw the snow. The last storm brought so much snow that even my snow blower couldn’t launch the snow over the banks that lined our sidewalks, driveway, and alley. Twice I climbed up a forty foot ladder to remove three to four feet of snow off the roofs of my house.

The calendar exclaimed that spring had arrived, and yet snow and more snow was our reality. Hey, where is the lamb; I thought that was supposed to come? Why was he delayed?

And then, even though it was still very cold outside, the sun’s rays started to break through and caused the snow to start melting. Day after day the sun broke through and caused the scenery to change. Spring did come! The lamb had finally made his appearance!

As I looked out on my yard today and saw the grass and plantings appearing, I thought of what the disciples of Jesus must have been going through right after His death and burial. All hell appeared to have broken out as the One they had put their hope in had been put to death. And death, like the cold of winter, stayed… and wouldn’t leave.

Perhaps they thought; "Hey, where is the lamb; I thought that was supposed to come? Why was He delayed?"
“And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened.” (Luke 24:20-21)

Many today wonder, as evil seems to be running rampant over this earth; "When will the Lamb come? Hey, where is the lamb; I thought that He was supposed to come? Why was He delayed?"

My friend; He hasn’t delayed for no reason; He is preparing a place for us to be with Him! And, by the way, no matter how bad it looks to you, He is still in control of everything in this world.
 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:1-3)

He is coming back as He said He would.
“Now when He (Jesus) had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:9-11)

Let this time of year when the church celebrates the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus become a time of hope for you. Although it seems that the “cold dead winter” has come to stay, “spring” will arrive soon. Don’t be discouraged by the bleakness in your life, He is coming!

Keep waiting for the Lamb, He will come!

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment