Jun 7, 2012

What a Great Week!

Some weeks when it is time to write my blog it seems as though I temporarily have “writer’s block”. Usually, when that happens, it is due to not noticing the extraordinary in a “mundane” week. That was certainly not the case for this past week; it was FILLED with great things to write about! My challenge is to give equal time and weight to several exciting events that took place during this past week.

First of all, my second oldest daughter Anna’s boyfriend of several years, Bentley, asked her to marry him. Wow, that type of exciting news always will bring joy to a dad; especially because he took the time to talk with me BEFORE he asked my daughter officially… which means they have discussed the idea of marriage over the past few years. But, when he stopped over to talk with me, my heart was delighted to say “yes” to him! And he was delighted as well because he wanted to ask her and give her the ENGAGEMENT ring sometime the following day. They are planning potentially a spring wedding. It will be great to add Bentley “officially” to the family!

The second exciting news was the BIRTH of my third grandchild; Gavin Joseph Dougherty. He is my oldest daughter Elizabeth and her husband Chris’s newest family member, much to the delight of his big sister Fallon who is nineteen months old. Wow, this means two grandsons and one granddaughter!

The third exciting thing that happened was when Grandpa Tom and Grandma Cathy got to take care of Fallon while mom and dad were in the hospital. I really enjoyed having several days and nights of pretty much uninterrupted time with Fallon, except for the trips to the hospital to visit with the newest grandchild and some family members; and oh ya, the happy parents! I love Fallon’s sense of humor and quick wit and great demeanor. that we were able to observe as we filled our days with long walks picking stones and flowers, and cuddling in bed.


I was so excited when I was able to pick up a new entertainment cabinet with and for my daughter Judith. I also had opportunities to spend some time with my other children throughout this week about things going on in their lives like cars and work and music video production and hockey and life. I also got the latest photos of my grandson Emmett; wow! I treasure the times that I get to spend with each of my children; I love them so very much! They are not just a bi-product of time spent with Cathy; ALL OF MY CHILDREN are precious treasures that make my life so much richer!

And last, but not least, this week Cathy and I celebrated our 31st ANNIVERSARY. With so many divorces happening in this world and in the church it is something to not take lightly. God continues to help us to come together when we come to Him as the Divine Third in our relationship. Happy Anniversary Cathy!

God has certainly been good to us this past week. It really was a great week.


Now, I’m not sure what kind of a week you have had or are having. Either way, take some time to thank God. The Bible says that “in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV) Especially If it has been good or great don’t forget who has made it great for you! 

If it has been “bad”, I sincerely hope that you will see God’s goodness in what has happened; even if it has been really bad. Even if you are having the worst week in your entire life; God can make a way where there seems to be no way! Maybe along the way you’ve forgotten God; God hasn’t forgotten you. Call out to Him, won’t you?

Call 1-888-NEED HIM. Someone is waiting to talk with you right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment