Sep 1, 2011

Welcome Grandson

Cathy and I have been married together for over 30 years! We have 6 adult children, two daughters-in-law, one son-in-law, one granddaughter, and one grandson! That’s thirteen of us including Cathy and I. Quite a quiver full!

And that includes the newest member of the family, my grandson Emmett Eugene Oestreich who came into this world Monday, August 29, 2011 weighing 7 lbs 14 oz and is 20 ½”. Emmett is the first born child of my oldest son Jonathan and his wife Bonita. He is named after Cathy’s father who went by the name “Gene”. 

Jonathan with Emmett
Emmett means "industrious, strong worker".
Eugene means "well born, of noble birth".

What a precious gift! I have GREAT confidence that Jonathan and Bonita will be great parents. Both of them are educators and connect well with people.

What a privilege it is to be a part of this couple’s new great adventure of life as they now are parents. I am so excited to be a grandpa of another grandchild!

Grandpa Tom
I stared at Emmett as I held him.  I looked deep into his face as I tried to figure who he looked like. Ten fingers and ten toes; we counted them. He has hands that look like Jonathan’s hands did when he was born; long, delicate (in a masculine way), ready to take life as it comes to him.

Did I mention that we have 6 adult children, two daughters-in-law, one son-in-law, one granddaughter, and one grandson! That’s thirteen of us including Cathy and I. Quite a quiver full!

And, every time a need has arisen over the years, God has been faithful to provide.  Why? Because His Word says; “I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread.” (Psalm 37:25 NKJV)

Grandma Cathy with Emmett
God said in His Word for us to “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” (Matthew 6:33). And that includes what we eat and drink and what we wear.

He is immensely jealous to provide all that we need because of His great love.

How about you; do you know this God? Do you know that you are loved; really loved? Believe it or not you can. God is waiting for an opportunity to love you.

But don’t take my word for it; take His – the BIBLE.

Unsure where to start? Drop me a line hopeofhiscalling@juno.com
I would love to share with you how you too can know this love.  

Or call 1-877-2GRAHAM (1-877-247-2426) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment