Mar 30, 2011

Are You Ready?

By Pastor Chik Chikeles, Senior Pastor of Calvary Chapel Saint Paul
Used by permission. All rights reserved

Hey gang, are you ready?
- Does your relationship with God make you sure that you will go to heaven when you die?
- Does everyone you know have a relationship with God that makes them sure they will go to heaven when they die?
- Do you care?

In light of recent world events that the Bible has foretold, will you take stock of your life and consider what really matters?

Gospel of Matthew Chapter 24 verses 4-8
"4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows."

Gospel of John Chapter 3 verses 16-18
"16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


You get one opportunity in this life to make the choice to secure your eternity. If everything I have ever shared with you is not true or comes to pass, then how would it hurt you? How would your life be worse off? But if everything I have shared with you is true and you do not believe in what the Bible proves is true, then you have gambled and will lose everything. 

If there is no everlasting life, then when I come to the end of my life, then I have led a good life and that's that and everyone is better off by me living a good life.

But if it’s true that Salvation is only found in a relationship with God through what Jesus has done for us on the cross, and you choose to not accept that free gift, then you have lost everything. Yes, it’s what I believe, but I do not force that on anyone. Whatever you choose to believe and base your life on, know that I care about you and do not judge or diminish your beliefs. I ask for the same.

The Bible tells us: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." ( 1John 4:18)

Trust the Love of God during these difficult times. 

Please know that I care enough to tell you these things.
If there is anything you care deeply enough about, please feel free to share that with me as well. I live my life everyday as if I will be in the presence of the Lord. I also make plans like I will never die. Either way, where ever I wake up, I have something to do. http://www.ccsaintpaul.org/

What are YOU living for?






"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

1 comment:

  1. I am ready. I do not have any question in my mind. I know I am ready.

    ReplyDelete