Jan 11, 2010

STOPDROPROLL

The fire department says that if you are on fire you shouldn’t run but rather “STOP, DROP, and ROLL”. This is to stop us from causing further damage as the flames potentially will accelerate and spread the fire.  

In the Bible, the Apostle Paul tells us that the devil has “the fiery darts” that are shot at us (Ephesians 6:16). In other words, sometimes the devil aims his weapons at you! Jesus said, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy” (John 10:10a).

When trouble comes, how do you respond? Do you “STOP, DROP, and ROLL”? Or do you run around causing further damage, allowing the flames to accelerate; spreading the fire to your family or other members of the Body of Christ? How quickly you learn to “STOP, DROP, and ROLL” makes all the difference in the world.  

When:
• The problems of life come at you.
• The fiery darts of the enemy attack you.
• There is trouble in your relationships.
• You have no solutions to your problems
You can’t seem to get your hurts to go away.
• All hell itself seems to have taken aim at you
- It is then that you need to: “STOP, DROP, and ROLL”. 


1.) STOP what you are doing. Not tomorrow. Not after talking with others about it. Not running around, spreading the “fire”; ranting, raving, scheming, or planning. STOP what you are doing NOW! 1 Peter 5:5 says; “"GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." 

 2.) DROP to your knees. In prayer. Call upon the Lord knowing that He WILL answer you! 1Peter 5:6 says, “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God…” 

3.) ROLL your cares on the Lord. 1Peter 5:7 says, “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”  

Psalm 142 tells us what we should do when trouble comes our way. King David wrote it when he was under attack and being hunted down. Let me give you 7 steps to help you “STOP, DROP, and ROLL”.  

1.) VERBALIZE YOUR PRAYER TO GOD: “God help me!” 
 • Psalm 142:1 “I cry out to the LORD with my voice; with my voice to the LORD I make my supplication.”  

2.) SPECIFY YOUR PROBLEM: “God this is going on!”
• Psalm 142:2 “I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble.”  

 3.) REALIZE YOUR PREDICAMENT: “God, I am hurting!”
• Psalm 142:3 “When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me.”  

4.) ADMIT THAT YOU FEEL ISOLATED: “God I feel all alone!”
• Psalm 142:4 “Look on my right hand and see, for there is no one who acknowledges me; Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul.”  

5.) SEE GOD AS THE ONLY SOLUTION: “God, You are in control!”
• Psalm 142:5 “I cried out to You, O LORD: I said, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.”  

6.) GET REAL WITH GOD: “God, no one else can help me but you!”
• Psalm 142:6 “Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.”  

7.) BE PERSONAL IN YOUR PRAYERS: “God HELP ME!”
• Psalm 142:7 “Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Your name; The righteous shall surround me, For You shall deal bountifully with me."   

My friend, God cares for you more than you will ever know. It is often in our problems that we see who God really is; a loving, caring Father who longs to help us. 

Jesus said; “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)

Need more information? Call 1-888-NEED HIM (633-3446) somone is waiting to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment