Jun 6, 2009

Half-Time in the New Year

It’s June 6th. How are you doing today with the resolutions that you made on New Year’s Eve? How is your plan to be a good person working out for you? Are you still doing the things that you want to do? Are you finally in a place where you no longer do the things that you hate doing? So how is your attempt to be a “godly-person” working out for you; not so good, huh? My friends, we were never meant to “do it on our own”; we can’t! And the quicker we realize it and stop trying, the sooner we will ask the question; “Ok, so how do I make this faith walk work?” The Bible is telling us we need to cooperate with God to do His will. Hebrews 12:2 tells us need to be “LOOKING unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith…” Philippians 2:13 tells us “for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Some good questions to ask yourself are; “Do I believe that Almighty God is the Source of my will?” and “Do I believe that He is in me to do it?” That, my friend, makes all the difference in the world! He started it; let Him complete the work! This way the pressure is off of us to be perfect, but rather to surrender to His will as He perfects us into the image and likeness of His Son Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29). Remember; He started this new life in us and He will complete it (Philippians 1:6). He loves us more than we will ever know and He isn’t giving up on us. I’ve attached a couple of songs by Keith Green who was a great Christian song writer-musician. The first talks about doing the things that we don’t want to do instead of the things we want to do. The second talks about the first time that we trusted God.

Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to stop trying and start trusting by asking God to help you; knowing that He will! The Holy Spirit longs to help us; ask Him! Turn from whatever He points out as sin and then set your heart to follow His lead as He will continue to help you to change as a child of God. Be blessed my friend as you grow in the grace of God.

----------------------------------------------------- “Romans 7” by Keith Green The very things I hate, I end up doing, The things I want to do, I just don't do. Lord it seems so sad, why am I so bad? When in my heart I only want to be like you. The very ones I love I end up hurting, The ones I want to help I pass right by. Now I want to be, finally set free The grace you've shown, the love I've known, Please let it shine through me. I want to love them, the way you do, I want to serve them, by serving you. Lord how I know your tender heart must be broken, By all those unkept promises I've made, The question still prevails; please take away the doubt, About how you forgive, and still you live inside when I fail. I want to love them all, the way you do, I want to serve them, by serving you. I want to be like you; Jesus I do. I want to love them all, the way you do, I want to serve them, by serving you. ---------------------------------------------------------- “When I First Trusted You” by Keith Green Well I thought I depended upon You. At least that used to be what was happening with me. In those times of our first sweet communion, Nothing got in the way; I heard your voice everyday. When I first trusted You, gave my life to You. When I trusted You. Well there’s something that needs to be cleared up. I feel so sorry inside that my first love has died. Cause I've tried in my own strength to follow. When I've known all along, I just couldn't go wrong. If I'd only trusted You, give my life to You. If I'd trusted you. Oh, trusted You. Well I thought I depended upon You. At least that used to be what was happening with me. In those times of our first sweet communion, Nothing got in the way; I heard your voice everyday. When I first trusted You, I gave my life to You. When I trusted You.

No comments:

Post a Comment