May 7, 2009

Flat Tires

My tire was low of air yesterday; I had a flat tire. Not really a big deal; I had been occasionally filling the tire up over the past 5 months. I thought that maybe the tire had a slow leak; perhaps the rim’s seal was broken during the cold spell this past winter.

Either way, I didn’t do anything about it other than “hope” that it wouldn’t go completely flat; riding on the rim is a pretty bumpy experience for everyone on board.

I drove my vehicle to the place I purchased the tires from and they said that they would take care of it and rotate the tires for me at no cost to me.

When I went to pick up my vehicle, they told me that they had found a nail that was in the tire and that they patched the tire for me. They also said that they checked the air pressure in all of the remaining tires as well rotating all of the tires.

It sounds like great service; “above-and-beyond”, you might say. But the thing is, free tire inspection, repairs, rotation, and replacement came as part of the package deal when I purchased the tires.

In fact, every 6 months I receive an email reminder to bring the vehicle in and they will check the tires pressure and rotate the tires for me; for free! The service was there all the time, the failure to take advantage of the offer was on my end. I simply hit the snooze button and ignored the email reminder that provision was waiting for me; already paid.

God’s Word; the Bible, is filled with promises waiting for us. But, unfortunately, like me and the tires we don’t always try to appropriate what is already part of the package purchased for us. Instead, we drive around on flat tires (so to speak); just getting by; not taking all that God wants to provide for us.

My friends, God has so much for us in his Word for us to search and appropriate for our lives and our situation; God really wants us to have “tires that are full”; riding on the rim is a pretty bumpy experience for everyone on board!

Here are just a few of the many promises from the Bible: God’s Word tells us we can call out to Him when we are going through situations, He will answer us: Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ (Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV) God’s Word tells us we can call out to Him when we are in need: “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16 NKJV) God’s Word tells us we can call out to Him knowing that He will provide what is best for us: “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV) God’s Word tells us we can call out to Him when we sin: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9 NKJV) God’s Word tells us we can call out to Him when we need salvation: "But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”(that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” (Romans 10:8-11 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment